February 15, 2009

Perito Moreno Glacier

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Okay, so I lied about there being nothing to do in El Calafate. There is one thing to do here. You can go see the Perito Moreno Glacier, which is the only game in town. But even if you skip the pricey tour and take the public bus, it´s still kind of expensive.

The Perito Moreno Glacier is quite a spectacular sight though. I didn´t think I would be too impressed since I already saw Glacier Grey in Torres Del Paine, but the massiveness of Perito Moreno is mind blowing. You can hear and watch big chunks of ice falling from the glacier. It sounds like loud claps of thunder.

The glacier seems to stretch infinitely. All I could see for miles were dramatic landscapes of ice, and where the sun hits, it turns a beautiful hue of blue.

No comments: