March 16, 2014

On the Cusp of Something...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

These past few weeks can be best described as tumultuous. There are major life changes underway, and lately I've found myself in a bit of a tailspin. I was definitely in need of a perspective shift...

Then we had these two unicorn weekends in a row. And when the sun splashes across the city like that, it colors things in a different light. I realized that if I paid close enough attention, that there are signs all around––a big bubble floating up in the big blue sky, a man pedaling by in a Penny-farthing high wheeler bicycle...These were all oddly comforting signs that I chose to interpret as a reminder to appreciate the moments for what they are. Because if we only get one go-around, I plan to make to most out of it.  


Promises I'm making to myself:
  • To never let anyone else define my limitations
  • To always be authentic to myself
  • To take the moments as they come, and to once again, live life with eyes wide open
This marks something of a rebuilding of sorts...I have to remember that I asked for this challenge. I hold steadfast in the belief that to struggle is necessary in facilitating real growth. Something will emerge from this...

No comments: