June 21, 2008

The Surf House on the Pacific

As charming as the town of El Valle was, a day and a half was good enough. We bussed it over to the surf house on the Pacific side.

It was a relaxing day playing in the waves, lounging on the beach, and hanging out at the pool. I even did a little surfing, or tried, would be a better word...the waves were pretty intense, and I got tossed more times than I got up.

One of my favorite parts about traveling is getting to meet different people on the road. This trip was no exception. We met a lot of great people and made some really good friends. We ended up doing a house barbeque. Fia, Carine,
and I were part of the prep team, and we learned a lot under the direction of Alex, an engineer with a talent for cooking. I never knew you could sharpen knives with the underside of a mug.
Alex was traveling with his wife, Alex. Cute, right? They were newlyweds on their honeymoon, and just fun people. Hopefully we will get to catch up with them in California when they return from their travels.

Good food. Good company. We couldn't
ask for a better day.

No comments: